Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance!
Mosquitoes are more than just a nuisance. They can carry many viruses such as West Nile, encephalitis, dengue, malaria, and canine heartworm that can harm your family and pets. Beyond mosquito repellent for protecting your family, we offer a long term control program. For starters, we control adult mosquitoes on your property. Then, we turn our focus to eliminating existing mosquito larvae developing in standing water to control them before they become breeding, biting adults. In short, we offer a dual approach to reducing mosquito populations.
Unfortunately, not all of the mosquitoes you encounter on your property originate there. This means an ongoing treatment regimen is your best option for protecting you and your family, so you can continue to enjoy your outdoor activities.
- Dispose of old tires, buckets, bottles, or any other water holding containers
- Keep gutters free and clear of debris to allow proper drainage
- Keep drains and ditches clean of weeds and trash so water can flow properly
- Fill all low spots in the yard
- Cover trash containers to keep out rainwater
- Empty plastic wading pools at least once a week
- Check around outdoor faucets and air conditioning units and repair leaks
- Do not overwater lawns and gardens
- Change the water in birdbaths at least once a week
- Fill tree holes and hollow stumps with sand or concrete
- Wear light colored clothing, plus long sleeves and pants for extra protection
- Use a repellent containing DEET for added protection
Bite Them Back!
Our program is designed around the knowledge that mosquitoes develop, mature and lay eggs in standing water, whenever the conditions are right. That typically begins when the temperature reaches 65 degrees. By the time you see a mosquito buzzing around it’s already a breeding, biting threat. To have season long control, we start our treatments in April to prevent even the first mosquito from developing on your property. Then we service your property each month until October, when the temperature start to fall. Our first step is to detect all areas with standing water, and areas that could potentially hold water. We then use a granular larvicide to prevent them from breeding. Next we apply an adulticide using backpack sprayers to target all the areas where adult mosquitoes rest. Our mosquito management can be added to any pest control service, through our Vantage Home Protection Program, to ensure all aspects of your home are covered.